Faisel M. Syed
Faisel Syed is an experienced tax lawyer practicing in the areas of tax planning, tax defense, and tax litigation. To go along with being experienced in these areas of the law he also advises on tax and estate planning matters, and assists Kevin in relation to contentious estate and trust litigation. In his experience he has worked with a wide array of clients, which range from the average person to professional corporations, multinational corporations, and high net worth individuals.
If you are being audited by the Canada Revenue Agency, need to make an objection because an audit was incorrect, are being investigated for criminal tax evasion, or need to make an appeal to the Tax Court of Canada, you should contact Faisel immediately. In the world of the Income and Excise Tax Acts, time is of the essence, so do not miss your deadlines – Call Faisel today!
While attending law school at the University of Calgary Faisel enjoyed participating in the Blackstone Debate, FMC Negotiation Competition, and mooting on behalf of the University of Calgary in the Bowman Tax Moot.
Prior to law school, Faisel worked in a variety of roles, including:
- Canada Revenue Agency in these areas:
- Business Audit (Income and Excise Tax)
- Underground Economy Audit
- Criminal Investigations Division
- Appeals Division
- Started multiple business which tied into his passions
Outside of work, Faisel enjoys camping, fishing, riding his motorcycle, spending time with friends & family, and thinking about entrepreneurial ventures.
- Tax Representation & Planning
- Corporate Tax Planning
- Personal Tax Planning
- Trusts, Estates, and Wealth Preservation
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Tax Law Subsection (South)
- Juris Doctor (JD), University of Calgary, 2015
- CPA Alberta
- Bachelor of Commerce (Entrepreneurship), President’s Scholar, Royal Roads University, 2007
- CMA Strategic Leadership Program 2006-2007